A high quality gite in gascony
350 m2, lounge of 75m2 with a large stone fireplace
- 14 people + 2 babies 7 chambres, 5 salles de bains
- Accessible to disabled people
- Safe for families with young children
- Garden and secure private salt water pool
- Amazing vistas
Jean and Alix de Nadaillac are happy to welcome you in this prestigious gite which has been renovated to a high standard for your comfort and will allow you to discover gascony in the best conditions.
The gite is available in all seasons, for your weekends, holidays or seminars, between the Landes, the Gers and the Pays d’ Albret , between Bordeaux and Toulouse.
This high quality gite is steeped in history and was a camp for sir Edward of Woodstock in 1369
Originally a fortress, it is located in the second precinct of the fortified part of the Chateau, dating back to the 16th century. It was then turned into a barn and has now been sympathetically restored by its owners .
The main access is through the 10 hectares of ground planted in the 17th century with rare specimen trees.
350 m2 on two levels, to the east, facing the Chateau and the old chapel, now the village church and to the west by opening into a large garden perched above the village where you will find your own secure private pool with salt water which will allow you to relax .
Jean and Alix thought the ground floor entirely on one level with a suite (2 bedrooms and a bathroom) accessible to disabled people.
The Gite has been renovated with care using natural materials throughout.
Please click on the plans to see the photos.
Plan of the Gite
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen /dining room
- Small reading and television room overlooking the Chateau and village church
- Large lounge of 75m2 , with a stunning stone fireplace, high oak ceilings of 4,5m.
- W.C under the stair case
- Utility room behind the kitchen with all necessary equipment. Gas boiler which services the underfloor heating , hot water and the first floor radiators. There is access to the utility room at the entrance to the gite which makes it easy to unload shopping.
- From the salon you can access the downstairs bedroom suite “Reine Margot’’ which consists of 2 bedrooms, one double, one twin and bathroom with disabled access, making a great family suite, with great views of the communal grounds of the Chateau.
- Large entrance hall with staircase up to the first level 3 bedrooms “Alienor” and “Fleurette” both with twin beds en suite bathroom and lovely views over the park.
- Double bedroom “Édouard” with double aspect windows en suite bathroom including bath and shower overlooking the swimming pool.
- Mezzanine leading to the bedroom of “Henry the fourth “ which consists of a family room (one double, one twin bedrooms and bathroom including bath and shower), with great views of the garden and equipped for young children.
On site activites
Upon arrival enjoy your stay in the peace and quiet of the Chateau and its grounds. There is also a large choice of on site activities for all ages to enjoy.
- Table Tennis, Badminton, Pétanque, Tennis and Swings in the park.
- 11x5m salt water swimming pool with towels and sun loungers provided.
- There is a fishing lake available on demand which is ideal for families.
- All terrain sports i.e. Walking , Running ,Cycling can be done in the countryside around the chateau.
- There is a horse riding school in the village where you can book lessons or treks.
You can explore the area , starting with the stunning village of Poudenas , and then the nearby villages of : Mezin, Fources, Nerac , Fréchou, Condom to name a few … Throughout the year they are various events , concerts , theater shows locally . Most days of the week there is a morning farmers market in various places, lying products of the area.